I'm getting off-subject. The point is, I have not yet reached my fifth pregnancy (and never will, God willing), so I am still plagued with the nausea.
My poor kids are left to play in their rooms all day with very little interaction from me because I spend most of my time with a bucket by the side of my bed and would rather not traumatize them. Not only are they playing by themselves, but they are playing in a not-so-unpacked house. Josh is really great at taking care of Asher, though, and he does a lot of the fetching of drinks and snacks that I can't do.
Things I Miss About NOT Being Pregnant:
- Feeding my kids a good, healthy meal. I can't remember the last time I was able to stand long enough to make an entire meal for them. (Does picking up KFC count?)
- Laying on my stomach to type on my laptop!! (Minor inconvenience.)
- Leaving the house WITH makeup on.
- Leaving the house to do something productive (taking Josh to school in my pajamas doesn't count).
- Clear-ish skin. I never have really clear skin, but my face is like a mine field when I'm pregnant.
- Getting things done!!! So sick of being completely useless.
- Food. Any food. All food. Food that stays where I put it - in my stomach.
- Working out. Can you believe I miss it?? Laying around sucks!
- Being able to make actual plans that weren't dependant on my current gonna-puke level.
- No more worrying about if my stomach is sticking out... it always does, and I have an excuse.
- My kids tell everyone there's a baby in my tummy... and I think it's freakin adorable.
- People don't mind if I'm lazy - some even encourage it!
- I get to have a cute baby!
You've probably gathered by now that this post is purely for my venting purposes. No need to keep searching for the point here - there is none.
I Am the Kind of Girl Who Gets _______ when I'm Pregnant:
- Stretch marks. EVERYWHERE.
- Huge swollen feet for at least six months.
- Mood swings that would make Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde ask for lessons.
- "Morning" sickness all day every day, including nausea and vomiting with no warning.
- Headaches. Constantly. Tylenol, you say? Tylenol doesn't touch these puppies. (Random wondering about the English language: Why do we call things "puppies" when we want to make a point?)
- One of those cute basketball stomachs. HA! YEAH, RIGHT! Actually, I am shaped like a planet, with pregnancy apparent from every angle and people saying, "Wow, you must be about to POP!" when I'm only six months along.
- Clumsiness that rivals Bella. Warning: Please do not hand me dishes (especially knives and breakable things) - I am guaranteed to drop them on someone's toe.
- Just call me Alzheimer's. I don't remember a dang thing, always late, never keeping track of anything.
3 comments:
Aubs,
The stresses of your early months as a colicky (sp?) baby had nothing to do with our decision to not have any more kids. That decision was made before we went to the hospital for your birth. The final decision, to go ahead with our previous decision - made weeks before, was made while we were still in the delivery room.
I was there to witness your pain during those first few months. You have nothing to feel guilty about - you were a victim of colic, more so than your caretakers were. It was inconvenient and emotionally draining on us, but it was physically painful for you.
Glad you're here - I'm proud of you.
Dad
I totally understand what you're going through with that puky feeling... I was sick the whole 9 months. I actually lost weight during my pregnancy... I complained to my Dr that the nausea meds would just come back up before they had a chance to work and she gave me a gel medicine that you apply topically to your wrists. That helped some. I also had killer headaches and my Dr said I was fine to take Excedrine Migraine, so I did. Frequently. Check with your Dr and see what they say, hopefully they can make this pregnancy a little easier on you! Good luck!!
i dont think your ungrateful. being pregnant is hard.the first part like 4 months killed me...i was soo bad with nausea and throwing up i couldnt get off the couch. The next2 or 3 were great just b/c i was soooo happy to be feeling better. then the end is just plain rough. i know you are wayyy excited. and i dont care if u look like a planet( which i doubt) i still wanna see pictures. and trust me, once #3 is here your gonna wish you had more pictures of you preggo...at least i do.
love you and miss you terribly
say hi to the boys and steve from all of us and feel better quick!
love,
Jen
Post a Comment