Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's Never-Ending

So! Yesterday I completely re-organized all the cabinets in the kitchen so that I could actually FIT all of the food and dishes inside the cabinets instead of on the counter! Up until yesterday half our groceries stayed on our kitchen counter because there was no room inside the cabinets for them. (Ok, fine, I admit it Nat - there isn't enough cabinet space.) While I re-organized everything and moved things around, I did about a billion loads of laundry. (Are you proud of me??)


See all this? That's all clean laundry that I washed yesterday and this morning. All of that laundry was in my hall for the last couple of weeks, dirty. I'm pretty proud of myself just for getting it all washed, but let's get real here - there's still an unbelievable amount of work.

See, this is only half the laundry. There's still this same amount of laundry dirty in the hall waiting to be washed. See my problem?? This is why I've been depressed and going crazy lately... we have been completely overrun by clothing in my house. We could clothe a small army with this much clothing, but we only have 4 people living here! Granted, half of it is towels and blankets, but still ... there's a problem.

So here's what I'm up to today...
  1. Sort the entire living room full of laundry into DI, STORAGE, OR KEEP piles.
  2. Bag up and label the DI and STORAGE piles.
  3. Sort the KEEP pile into STEVE, AUBREY, JOSH, ASHER, TOWELS, and BLANKETS piles.
  4. Fold all 6 of those piles.
  5. Find somewhere to keep all those clean, sorted clothes, towels and blankets.
  6. Magically come up with a place to store the STORAGE bags.
  7. Take DI bags to DI.
Fun, eh?? It's a project... but it has got to be done for my sanity!!! And so there's enough room for my FAMILY in this house, not just our clothes!!!

5 comments:

Megs said...

I'm pretty sure that's twice as much laundry as I have in my entire house! Good luck, it will all come together with time. :)

The Schramm's said...

That just reminds me that I have TONS of stuff like that I need to be doing. sigh. It never seems to end does it?! I wish I never had to do laundry again. That's a chore I dislike the most. I'm very proud of you for all the stuff you've been doing! Its great!

Shannon said...

Oh I so need to do this same project. Mine is just all stacked in my bedroom! I hate doing laundry when it gets behind like that. I don't mind it when it is all caught up! Good luck!

ClaysJenna said...

Hm, and I thought I had quite the amount of laundry!! :) Good luck!

Debbie said...

Hang in there - you'll make it if you don't give up. Rah rah!