(I can't take full credit for this post, so here's a shout-out to my reminder: Motherhood Uncensored.)
Today I am remembering why I write this blog.
It's not for me.
It helps me calm down.
It helps me vent.
It helps me feel like I have a place to be ME.
It helps me remember I'm not alone in this thing.
It helps me be a better mother.
But really.... it's for them.
It's for the two little boys who might someday want to know
what our life was like when they can't remember.
It's for the new baby of mine, who might want to know what I was like before I turned into a lunatic from raising three kids at the age of 24.
When we were in the military and living in Kansas, I used my blog to show my family and friends what they were missing about my life and my cute kids. But now... most of what I say on here is old news for my close friends and family.
Now Just-A-Detour has a new purpose...
To replace the baby books that I don't write in.
To replace the scrapbooks that I don't make.
To replace my faulty human memory.
And theirs.
My sister told me about a company that turns your blog into a book.... something like a yearbook, if I understand correctly. I keep meaning to ask her about that (Just so you know, Nat, this is me asking!)... What an incredible way to journal your life and keep it for your family.
This is why I blog.
This is why I will continue to blog
...even when things are too hard to talk about.
8 comments:
Wonderful reason!! i love reading your blog!
Yeah, that's a good reason to blog. For some reason it's so much easier to blog than write in a journal or something.
Also, I don't know what's going on, but I hope you get things figured out soon. I've been thinking about you a lot. Good Luck.
When you find out what the company is called let me know, Morgan is always asking me to print my blog and put it in a book.
I'm glad you are going to continue to blog!! I blog for all the reasons you just named. And I actually use blurb.com {which I think is what your sister is talking about} Its wonderful!! I love it!!
I love this post! This is exactly why I blog - it's much easier than hauling out all the scrapbooking junk and then trying to remember the cute things by the time you get around to doing it. The site I was talking about is:
http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook
Thanks for posting!
yes, that is exactly why I blog..and the blurb.com does a great job at turning them into books.
Glad to hear you will be blogging again, I really enjoy reading your blog.
So I feel really dumb since I left most of my maternity clothes with you. Not sure what to do about that. Perhaps if I can send you some money so as you grow out of them, I can use them. Or it may make more sense to just buy some here.
Congrats on having a boy! What a lucky baby!
Karla
Yes! That's blogging and it's great. Don't ever let other people's opinions about your opinions keep you from something that is important to you. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment