Monday, June 8, 2009

Stupid, Perfect Stephenie!!!!!!


Here's how it happened:


1. Jennifer told me the New Moon trailer was being aired during the MTV Movie awards.
2. I realized I had no TV connection.
3. I stomped my feet with a pout on my face. The first decent thing I've actually MISSED about having a TV.
4. I waited VERY impatiently for the trailer to appear online (which was FAST, and thanks to Andrea, I found it fast).
5. I watched the trailer, got the goose bumps, and almost cried/screamed a little.
6. I picked up New Moon off my shelf and started reading.

That's how it happened. It all happened so fast, but it had repercussions.

I am now fully immersed back into the Twilight Trance. Here's how THAT goes:

1. Twilight > Food
2. Twilight > Sleep
3. Twilight > Socialization
4. Twilight > Grocery shopping
5. Twilight > Laundry
6. Twilight > Dishes........

You get the point.

Things that have suffered from my Twilight trance:

1. My house! What a mess.
2. My appearance. My poor husband!
3. My children. VERY good at entertaining themselves, but still... the guilt!
4. My ability to dream about anything normal.


So here I am, 3 days later, and I have done (almost) nothing except:

1. Read New Moon.
2. Read Eclipse.
3. Shower once daily.
4. Feed my kids regular meals. (Ok, so I'm playing it a little loose with the word "meal.")

I am here to tell you that I waited one entire year after reading the Twilight series for the first time. I did this because I was SURE it wouldn't be as good the second time, and because I knew how much my house/family suffered in those first 4 days. Also, I remembered the Twilight Blues from last time, and wasn't prepared for how sad it is when they're all over and there's nothing new to read.

What was I THINKING picking up that book again?!?!? I am so unbelievably enthralled, just exactly the same as last time... I am in awe that Stephenie Meyer not only was able to write these perfect books in the first place, but that she was able to make them a series you could read over and over again and feel the same way as the first time! Stupid, perfect Stephenie Meyer!

Someone, please tell me how to stop myself from picking up Breaking Dawn right now!! It's my absolute favorite book, and I can't stand to stop... but if I don't, my kids will get *swallowed up in the laundry and my poor husband will take one look at me and the house when he gets home from work and turn right around and leave again!

*No need to call Child Protective Services. I'm not actually as irresponsible as I sound right now. ;)

3 comments:

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

love the new page and sooooooooooo cant wait for new moon. previews were freaking awesome...and i did jump and scream during the whole thing lol!

Miken said...

hahah i read this and can only laugh... a lot. you are hilarious aubrey... crazy and hilarious.

natterbee said...

I was wondering where you've been! That explains everything. Come around again sometime when you're finished reading.