Friday, July 10, 2009

Pregnancy Psychosis

Is there such a thing? I'm not entirely sure.

But if there is, I've got it.

I've lost my mind. Completely psychotic. Your average pregnancy hormones? Triple them. Quadruple them. And add a few more.

I couldn't describe to you the ups and downs I've got going on even if I wanted to, and I don't want to because you'd have me committed. I'll just say this - The lows are lower than I've felt them since I was 17, and the ups are ... well, I guess they're not really ups so much as they are psychotic episodes.

Yep, no way to describe it. I'm pretty sure there are a few people who can relate to what I'm saying. (A few of those are in my family, for sure.)

I've had doctor after doctor tell me that they can't decide if I'm bi-polar or just depressed/ADD. They've never really made up their minds, so my life has been a constant battle in my own head. Although - I'm usually medicated pretty well.

Pregnancy makes that impossible.

I guess I have no real point in writing this blog, except to:

  1. Tell you I'm crazy ahead of time, in case you happen to catch me on a low.
  2. Record my lows so that after the baby is born and things get a little better (or worse), I'll remember.
  3. Show myself that medication is more than necessary, in case I ever get crazy enough to think they aren't worth the money/trouble.
Tomorrow is Girls' Night 2 at my house. Hopefully I will be on an "up" tomorrow! ;)

No comments: