Friday, September 11, 2009

A Change of Pace

Every year on this day I post about 9/11.

This year I am too depressed to do that. So I'm posting a few pictures of my kids instead... just a couple of random things to remind me how much I love those boys of mine, and to be grateful for what I have.

One day at my sister Natalie's house I walked in to my nephew Alex's bedroom and found Josh and Alex like this:

Alex is always wearing funny things, like hats and shoes and accessories that are kind of humorous, but Josh never does stuff like that so I had to take a picture when I walked in and saw him in this funny hat.

Now that we don't have a car anymore, Asher and I walk Josh to school every morning (and home every afternoon). The boys were so cute yesterday, holding hands the whole way there and giving each other pep talks to get up the big hill.


I need someone to hold MY hand and give ME a pep talk to get up the big hill... every day the walk just about kills me. It's a very short walk, takes us about 10 minutes, but the hill is so steep and it's so hot (and I'm so dang pregnant!) that I feel like I'm probably going to pass out before I make it to the school. Then I make Asher sit with me for about 5 or 10 minutes to recuperate before we make the trek home again, contracting all the way down the hill. Let's just say it isn't my favorite time of the day!!
Asher kicking back with his Nintendo DS. lol

6 comments:

Shanae said...

Cute pictures Aubrey! I love the ones of Josh and Asher holding hands walking to school together. Good luck with that walk everyday. Although you may not always think so, you're a GREAT mom!

Miken said...

such a different life you lead from me (for now). it looks like so much fun though - minus the contracting. i love how they're holding hands though lol. i love seeing what's going on with you aubreyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy remember that? i miss messing up your myspace page!!!

Debbie said...

So adorable! I'm glad you captured these special moments. Keep saying to yourself, "I think I can, I think I can!"

Unknown said...

Those are such cute pictures. And it's wonderful that you always remember to write down the cute stuff they do so you won't forget it. Great job! Also, I could never understand how people could go jogging (or whatever) up until the baby's birth. Does it not just about kill other people just to walk? Maybe it's because we are so short. Anyway, I empathize with your pain.

Jenn said...

Hey, let's name your baby "Widget". That's totally awesome, am I right?? And it's a name that spans all the life seasons!
ie, "Awww, Did Widgie-Pooh make a Widgie-Poo?" when he's young ... "Give Widgie a Wedgie!" when he's in school ...
"Professor Widgert, Dean of Something Impressive" as an adult.
You're welcome. -Jenny:)

Yu-Gi-Oh Champ said...

Haha! that is just an ADORABLE picture of asher and josh walking together, and another cute one of asher on the DS.