I'm 31 weeks along, and definitely nesting! I'm dying to get everything set up and have a cute little nursery and get ready for my baby.
The trouble is... I have no where to "nest." At this point absolutely everything is up in the air, and I would not be exaggerating to say I am losing my mind a little bit. The plan was to move in to my mom's house this month or next month, when my sister's family gets to move into their new house. She has her new house now, but when I say "new" I mean "new to her"... so it needs some work! She won't be moving in quickly, so I won't have a place at my mom's for a while... and there's really no way of knowing how long that's going to be. So really I have no idea where I'll be setting up "nest".
Lots of people have been asking me about a name for the baby. Steve and I still have no idea. We've got a couple we like, but nothing I LOVE, so I'm waiting for something to jump out at me. With both my boys I fell madly in love with their names, and I'm waiting for that moment to happen to me with this one. Before Josh was born I was convinced I was going to name him Ethan... then I met him and decided it didn't fit, so I named him Joshua Lucas (found it in the credits of Sweet Home Alabama 3 days before I delivered) instead and have LOVED it ever since. Before Asher was born we were sure we were going to name him Ender (from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card). Then when he was born I looked at him and decided it just didn't fit... so we named him Asher (from The Giver) Jacob, and I have LOVED it ever since. I'm building a very small list of names I love and Steve is vetoing most of them, but I think eventually we'll find one that fits his face... after we see him. I am always open to more suggestions, though! Never know when one is gonna be just right!
Today my friend Natalie took pictures of my kids at the park in the leaves. (THANKS NAT!) I can't wait to get the pictures so I can show them off! We were long overdue for some new pictures, and my kids are super cute right now. :)
As for everything else, I'm still alive somehow... no matter how many times I feel like I'm going to drown from the sadness... and I am in constant pain from the pregnancy. Every day I wake up in pain, spend the day in pain, and end the day in pain... and every night I ask myself "How could I possibly survive another day of this?" But the days keep coming and I keep surviving, so I guess that's all there is to it! One day at a time. Pain or no pain, I live and a new day comes. At some point they will have no choice but to take this baby out of me (more specifically December 18th), so at least there's an end in sight. If only he wasn't going to grow even bigger in the meantime!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment