Sunday, November 15, 2009

Baby Update!

This week has been a lot of labor! I have been contracting almost constantly (usually 2-4 minutes apart). Finally on Friday I called the doctor and asked him to check me because I couldn't decide if I should head to the hospital or not. The doctor listened to the baby (strong heartbeat), measured me (yep, still huge), and checked me. He said I'm dilated to a 1, which is one more than I was last week. He said, "Well, you're definitely in labor. So if it gets any worse, come back in to the hospital. That may even be before the end of the weekend." He also changed my due date based on the baby's size (and my size) from December 25th to December 17th!

That night I had a lot of really bad contractions, but they weren't actually worse than what I'd been having before, so I decided to wait through the night and see what happened. That night the contractions stopped completely (which hasn't happened in about 2 months).

The next night (last night) I went grocery shopping and came home with contractions, which lasted all night. Until they stopped. Completely. Again.

About 1 pm today, they started again.

This baby cannot make up his mind! I'm going a little bit crazy constantly going back and forth -- I'm having a baby! No, I'm not having a baby. I'm having a baby! No, I'm not having a baby. Trying to figure out when/if I should go to the hospital is getting really annoying.

It's exactly what I've been praying for, though... I've been hoping he'll stay in longer so he'll be safe. I just wish he would make up his mind! If he's gonna stay in, can't I just quit all the contracting and feel better for a while??

2 comments:

Miken said...

ahh! very frustrating! i've never had contractions but it sounds like so much fun... right! haha call me or text me when you're out of commission! i never hear from you anymore!! :)

natterbee said...

I'm so excited for you! In a super short time you're going to have a new little baby!!! I know it's also overwhelming to think about, but what a blessing!!! I can't wait to see what he looks like.