
Since Max got his feeding tube put back in on Thursday morning (because he wasn't gaining enough weight), Steve and I decided we could make it to Thanksgiving dinner with my family to see the kids. They were going to be feeding him through the tube anyway, so we were able to squeeze out a 3-hour period that we could leave the hospital. The pain of walking around and the bumps in the car and everything just about killed me, and I definitely paid for it the next day, but it was worth it so I could be with my boys and my family for Thanksgiving.
I look awful, but my kids are so cute and I was so happy to see them, I decided to share the picture anyway. I had a baby a week ago... I guess I should expect to look disgusting.

I miss my boys so much I can hardly stand it. I hate being away from them so bad. Because of H1N1 no children under the age of 14 are allowed in the hospital (except in the cafeteria), so the kids aren't even able to come visit me. I'm hoping to start feeling better this week so that I can maybe go see them... but between feeding and pumping, I don't have a lot of time I can be away.

Steve took me on a drive last night around Salt Lake. We had about an hour before we had to be back to feed the baby, so he took me to see the lights around the city. We weren't able to get out of the car, since I can't walk yet, but it was so great to see the outside world again! I totally forgot it was Christmas until we got out there and saw all the lit streets. I wish I'd had my camera... this picture is from Steve's camera phone. It felt amazing just getting some fresh air and seeing something other than the inside of this blah hospital.
Max is staying stable... Nothing new and improved, but nothing worse either. Just... the same.
2 comments:
You really do look great, I don't know why you're complaining. Everyone SHOULD look bad after having a baby, but not everyone DOES. ;)
I'm so glad you were able to get out for awhile & we are still praying for little Max & your speedy recovery!
Oh Aubrey, I love you! You really look good. Nobody ever thinks they look good after having a baby, but truthfully, you do. And Max is absolutely precious. I want to meet him so badly!
Post a Comment