Thursday, November 26, 2009

Pictures and an Update

Taking his temperature/stats

11/24

IV in his head and oxygen in his nose :(


11/25
Look how tiny he is!



Sleepy! I love how his whole head is the size of my one hand.

Gorgeous baby Max



So the Pediatrician came in this morning to tell us that he is going to be on the oxygen for a while, and he is still losing weight. (Last I heard he weighed 5 lbs 11 oz.) They are worried about him not gaining weight, so they are putting his feeding tube back in and giving him extra calories. I am not happy to see the oxygen back on or that he has to have his feeding tube put back in, but I am glad he's going to be okay. It definitely means we're going to be here longer, though.

The other good part about his tube getting put back in is that I will be able to go eat Thanksgiving dinner with my other boys and the nursery will still be able to feed him. I miss Josh and Asher SO MUCH. I can't even tell you how much it's killing me to be away from them for so long. I hate that we can't bring the baby for them to see, but at least they will get a chance to see us and have something normal for a while... even if it is just for the evening.

They are also wondering if maybe he has a bit of acid reflux, since his oxygen always goes down when he's just eaten. He isn't spitting up much, but he might be having some acid issues we can't see, so they put him on Prevacid.

As for me... I get worse every day, not better. More dizzy, more pain... I really hope my recovery starts happening soon, cause I'm not sure how long I can do both.

That's all that's new! Pray, pray, pray.

2 comments:

Yu-Gi-Oh Champ said...

Max is SO cute!

Kellee said...

Oh my heck! He is absolutely beautiful! Congrats!