
He's doing so great. He is breathing without oxygen machines now - room air! This is such awesome news, I can't even tell you. I am so relieved to know he can do it on his own.
I am working with him now to teach him how to eat. They've been feeding him through a tube up until now, but I have been able to nurse him several times in the last two days, and he's picking it up quite nicely. Sometimes he's still too sleepy to do it, but when he's awake he's really doing a pretty good job! This is MUCH better than they were expecting him to do, so I'm overjoyed.
My body is protesting the c-section in a really unpleasant way. (Can you tell this is a gross understatement?) I won't go into details, I'll just say that I am in an extreme amount of pain and can't wait to start healing.
(Dear people who told me a scheduled c-section would be no big deal: Told ya so. C-sections are nightmares. No matter what. I'm just sayin'.) ;)
Well, there it is! The NICU is estimating another week... so we are definitely spending Thankgiving in the hospital, and it won't be especially soon that we get to go home.
8 comments:
Congrats!! He is beautiful!
You're doing great. Such a precious little guy. I know this is a hard time, but what a little champ!
He is just so adorable!
And I agree with the C-Section thing - they are impossible!!! My body will NEVER be the same!
He is a gorgeous baby! Love the hair! It is so exciting once they start nursing. I used a nipple shield and that was what got Blake to nurse! Good luck!!
He's georgous! Love that photo. He looks like he thinking really hard :)
You know I never told you C-sections (scheduled or otherwise) were "no big deal!" Always listen to your MOM! :)
I am so glad to hear Max is doing so good! He is certainly a fighter! I am sorry to hear your c-section is putting you through heck. I hope you start to feel better soon.
Hang in there; it's going to be awful until you get out of the hospital, but just think how happy you'll be to be home with all your boys. It's gonna be a huge shock to your system how loud your other kids are after being in a quiet hospital for so long! Hope to see you tomorrow night at Thanksgiving dinner.
Post a Comment