I am spending a lot more time writing on paper, with a pen, than here on my blog. I apologize for the disappearing act. I have decided to recommit to the idea of writing a book, and I'm doing my best to make it happen (despite having a 6-month-old baby around). I will still be posting, just not as often.
As Mrs. Bean always told me, writing begins with reading, so I have been cracking open the books of my past to re-light the fire. Madeleine L'Engle was my all-time favorite author when I was a teenager, so I've ordered the boxed set of A Wrinkle In Time series, and checked out Meet the Austens from the public library. I've been thinking, perhaps I was feeling too much pressure in writing a book because I was thinking of writing for adult audiences. Maybe my audience is the young adult crowd? That's when I loved reading the most, and I think having a baby at a young age kept me a teenager in a lot of ways... I still think more like a 17-year-old than a 25-year-old.
Anyway, that's where I've been! I'll be back to blog with pictures from this month tomorrow or the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment