There's one big cache of marbles, and two jars labeled Asher and Joshua. Each kid receives marbles for the good things they do, and we take marbles away for rule violation. For instance:
They can receive marbles for:
- Getting to bed on time
- Reading a book
- Doing a page of "homework"
- Picking up something they find on the floor that is dangerous for the baby (small toy, piece of paper)
- Cleaning a room
- Emptying the dishwasher
- Taking out the garbage/recycling
- Taking a diaper outside to the big garbage can
- Doing a job for Grandma
- Act of service
- Sharing with brother
- Babysitting Max while I have a shower
- Putting their shoes or clothes away without being asked
- etc
- Hitting, kicking
- Lying
- Saying a bad word
- Yelling at their brother
- Saying "no" or "never" when they are asked to do something
Two nights ago, Josh RAN to get to bed on time, and when he got there he said, "Mom, do I get a marble?" I said yes and he asked if Asher got one too. I said no because Asher wasn't in bed by 8:30. He said, "I LOVE the marbles, Mom!":)
1 comment:
Great job implementing a new system! That takes effort, but it's so good for the kids! I especially like what Josh said when he got a marble and Asher didn't because he went to bed on time. That's so funny!
Post a Comment