I don't know how to explain this so that you might understand, or so that it doesn't sound really lame, but I'm going to attempt anyway.
I have a dream. It's a weird dream, but I think as time goes by, pretty soon it won't be so strange.
It all started with dadgonemad. I started reading Danny Evans' blog before he wrote his book (Rage Against the Meshugenah), and I loved him. After a while, he got a book deal - just from writing his blog! There were so many people who loved his writing, the publishers knew he would be marketable, so they gave him a book deal before he wrote the book. I think that is so awesome! From dadgonemad, I found Motherhood Uncensored, which I read religiously for a long time. She also got a book deal based on her hilarious content and the masses who followed her blog.
That's where my love of blogging changed from just a place to record my family to a dream. I know it's ten times more lame to write your blog for the purpose of someday getting noticed and hopefully being published than it is to just simply get discovered, but I don't care. It's a possibility, and I think it's my best shot at getting what I want out of life. I believe I'm a decent writer, and I believe if I work hard and improve over time (and through college), I could eventually be good enough to find a publisher who would want me (or for a publisher to find me).
It may be far-fetched, but that's where I'm heading. My dream has been to find myself on a B&N bookshelf for a long time now, and if it takes a little shameless advertising of myself along the way, so be it. :)
So now you know... this is why To the Depths is my new baby, and I have shoved it in your face the way I have. It's all about the deepest, darkest depths of me, and maybe someday it will turn into success.
2 comments:
I love when I get on your blog and see all sorts of updates. I cant believe how chubby Max has gotten since the last time I checked your blog! Good job! Also, I read about the marble in the jar thing and I remember my pediatrician mentioning something like that only he said m&ms. If at the end of the day they still have m&ms in the jar they get to eat them. I asked him if the jar was empty and she was still being naughty if I could just smash the empty jar over her head... he didn't really think that was such a good idea.
have you read www.dooce.com ? she's lives in salt lake and is famous for her blog as well. She's written a book and put together another book. I met her at King's English last year for a book signing. She's amazing and I just love her.
Post a Comment