Monday, October 4, 2010

"I had three birfdays!"

When I dropped Asher off at school this morning he was telling everyone who would listen, "I had three birfdays!" His little friend Haylee said, "Nuh-uh!"

What he means is he had three birthday parties. My husband thinks it's obscene that we celebrate so much in my family, but Birthday Week is a long-standing tradition around here, and it's not going anywhere. First, Grandma 'Chele threw him a birthday party, then we had a birthday at Lagoon with just a couple friends, and my family's party was yesterday at the park.

The following pictures are from my birthday/Avery's birthday party a couple weeks ago. I'm really behind on pictures right now, since I'm always using other peoples' cameras. (Stupid washing machine.) Hopefully I'll get the pictures from yesterday up soon.

Oh, and the usual warning goes with this post: Sorry there's so many pictures! I just can't resist when they're all so good! All pictures here were taken by my photographer brother, Jon Miller - please don't take without asking permission. :)





Avery giving up - he couldn't keep up with the soccer game. (Apparently my husband isn't so good at sharing the ball.)



My niece Ashlie and my husband playing soccer - Steve loves to play soccer with the kids, and they love playing with him!





My sad Asher - before Steve came outside, no one would push him on the swing.

My GORGEOUS niece Ashlie. She's so old!! I can't believe she's almost 12!

Josh told me once, "When I'm swinging, sometimes I have to close my eyes and laugh so I don't get scared."


My sister Natalie

My nephew Alex, playing video games - favorite past-time in this house, despite my best efforts.

Ashlie in the baby swing! lol This picture makes me laugh.

Avery and Olivia - she's such a good big sister!

My niece Emma holding Max - he has such kissable cheeks!

Olivia, Ashlie - they're so, so pretty.

My sister Jenny and my mom

Asher Basher Bo Basher Fee Fi Fo Fasher... Asher


I love this sideview of Josh. He's so handsome.

My sweet Max eating cheerios... one of his favorite foods. (Yes, I accidentally bought him a pink sippy cup. He's comfortable with it.)

6 comments:

Debbie said...

I love, love, love these pictures! Jon is so talented. He didn't take all of them but those really creative "capture the moment" on the swings, etc. were his. Very artistic. Of course the kids are so darned cute too...

natterbee said...

Could you please take my picture off this post? Thanks!

natterbee said...

I love the "Asher Asher bo basher..."

whitney said...

omgorsh! max is getting huge! where have you been on facebook?!

Aubrey Anne said...

I don't have facebook anymore. Steve and I decided to cancel ours at the same time. It's been really good for our marriage, actually. I recommend it. :)

Jon said...

You forgot "Banana Fanna..."!

Mom, if there are any pics here that I didn't take I can't find them.

Normally I'm offended when people ask what kind of camera I used when admiring a photo I took, but in this case the $5,000 camera and $2,500 lens made all the difference, especially the swing shots. Low light and movement are normally deal-breakers for good pics, but that setup on loan from Nikon definitely made a big difference. (Of course all the camera equipment in the world can't take a good picture if you don't know how to use it, where to point it, or when to take the picture...)

Anyone who contributes to my new camera fund (my camera is almost 7 years old; that's like 400 years old in human years) gets me as their official photographer. Here's the breakdown:

• $50 donation - Free individual or family portrait. (Aubrey, can we get some examples posted for everyone to see? :) Includes a large print up to 16x20.

• $100 donation - Free individual or family portrait EVERY YEAR for the life of the camera (I'd figure at least 7 years based on my track record with these awesome Nikons). Includes large print up to 20x30.

• $250 donation - Free "day in the life of" photo shoot of your child (I follow your child with a camera for a day, or as much of a day as you'd like me to do, and document everything s/he does in a creative way) and a beautiful, professionally designed, printed, and bound photo album of the pictures you choose from that shoot. May be substituted for "wedding photographer" style coverage of the family party or other shoot of your choosing.

• $500 donation - Basically whatever you want me to do (photographically? let's talk) up to one full day, plus incredible quality printing and presentation of the work. So many options. I can light and photograph your home to look like something out of a magazine (how fast would your home sell if your pictures were better than the snapshots realtors take from their car window?). Or you can have several large prints of my LDS Temples collection ("Kingdoms of Glory"). Website coming soon-ish.

• $1000 donation - Full wedding photography package (the kind I used to charge $2500+ for), discreet photojournalistic documentation of your vacation, etc. Basically whatever you want me to do, but now we're talking about multiple days.

• $5000 donation - I will bear your next child. I don't know yet how I'll manage that, but I swear I'll find a way.

• $25000 donation - You own me. Yes, everyone has a price. For a limited time mine is only 5 figures.