Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Asher-Isms

 

Very Christmas, Mom!
(I love how Asher always hears things just a little bit wrong...
haha, Merry Christmas!)

*****

Asher (watching Hope Floats with my mom): Why did that grandma die?
Grandma:  Something went wrong with her body, and she died. Sometimes people die and it's very sad.
Asher:  I wouldn't be sad. I don't care.
Grandma (not fully understanding Asher's need to shock people with his brutal honesty): What if I died?
Asher: I wouldn't care.

*****

Grandpa (Giving Asher a hug):  You want a hug?
Asher (chuckling): Grandpa's funny.
Grandpa: ....looking.
Asher: Yeah.

*****

Me: Asher, that's not the garbage. Go throw this away in the garbage.
Asher: Ok
(Asher walks over to me and puts his already-used tissue on me.)
Me: I'm pretty sure I am not the garbage.
Asher: Yes, you are.

*****

Asher:  Mom, is this your tummy?
Me (bracing for impact): Yes...
Asher: Oh. It's getting big.
Me (preparing for pregnancy question): Oh?
Asher (thinking): Fat. Like... Santa. I guess it's 'cause you eat so much food.
 *****
Asher, eating salad at dinner (holding up a piece of lettuce): Am I eating a LEAF?!?! 
*****
Asher: Do you want to see the picture I made at school? It has feathers.
Me: Yes! It's amazing! You do SUCH fun things at school!
Asher (completely unimpressed): Um... You might want to be little again.

*****
Asher: Mom, will you write a letter to  Santa for me? (handing me a piece of paper and pen)
Me: Sure. What would you like it to say? 
Asher: 
Dear Santa, 

I want you to bring me a present. I want Thomas choo-choo trains with little tracks. And I want a suit - a bat suit. I really want some Spiderman glasses. What I want very best is a helmet for my bike.

And for my mommy I want a doll.
Nothing else.
Thank you, 
Sincerely,
Asher



Too bad Santa is already packing his sleigh, huh? It's a little late for requests, little Asher.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Love this kid and he cracks me up all the time. I loved how he said, "I LIKE PEOPLE!" He is very sociable.