... but I'm not going to be there.
I've been feeling for ages like I had to get into college and get going on my degree... but honestly, I feel like I need to focus entirely on my family, making a little bit of money, and writing my novel. It's in early stages right now, but I'm feeling really strongly about it, and I think if I could focus on it more thoroughly, I would definitely be able to publish. I may be wrong, but I think I have a strong storyline and a solid character. It'll take a lot of work, but I'm actually seeing it start to form into something that will happen, and I'm too excited about it to let it go unwritten.
So this semester I'll be writing, working, and mothering. Next fall I'll go back to school. :)
Josh and Asher went back to school this morning, and Steve will be going back to work this afternoon. Asher's teachers were gushing - I don't think I've ever seen someone so excited. They were overjoyed to see the kids again, and Asher said, "I'm wearing my NEW SHIRT!" He was so excited to show them.
Oh, and this morning when Steve and I were trying to decide who should take him to school, I said, "But I'll have to shower and get ready," and he said, "No, your hair looks great!" (Thanks to the awesome present Steve gave me for xmas, btw.) Asher said, "Mom, your hair looks golden! So you better take me to school today." Haha. I totally caved.
Joshua was psyched to show his friends his new watch and his lost tooth. :) It surprises me every time I look at him how cute I think he looks with his front tooth missing. lol It's so awesome to be a mom.

No comments:
Post a Comment