Tuesday, February 8, 2011

If Max was a SuperVillian, his name would be Destructor

My son is 15 months old.
That's right, just 3 months older than 1 year.
He is so much like a 2-year-old I could cry.

Sometimes he's more like a 3-year-old.
How did I end up with another kid who was born more like an adult than a baby?

So here are some things about Max, to educate you all:

  • Max thinks he's big. Like, adult big. He HONESTLY doesn't know he's a baby. 
  • When things make Max FEEL like a baby, he gets VERY angry.
  • When you're having trouble communicating with Max, you just need to stop thinking of him as a baby. As soon as you start thinking of him as a toddler/preschooler, he makes a lot more sense.
  • Max is a cute fat baby, but has terrible nutrition. If anyone has ANY idea how to feed a child who gets sick no matter what he eats, I'd love some tips!
  • Max wants to know what everything is, how it all works, and he wants to do it HIMSELF.
  • Toys? Psh. Who cares about toys? Max thinks he should be blogging by now.
  • Max can say just about anything. He knows a million little words, and he will surprise you every time he opens his mouth.
  • Max has the cutest smile in the whole wide world, and I gotta say, the fact that he's started saying "Cheeeeese!" when he sees a camera (or anything else that flashes a light) is pretty much the cutest thing ever. 
  • Max LOVES books and songs. The Foot Book, Brown Bear Brown Bear, and Goodnight Moon are his VERY favorites. When he wants to read The Foot Book, he brings me the book and says, "foot!" When he wants to read the Brown Bear book, he brings me the book and pants like a dog (his favorite page), and when he wants Goodnight Moon, he brings me the book and says, "Husshhhh."  
  • Max is stubborn and bratty. Picture Terrible Twos. 
  • Not a day goes by that I don't find Max in an extremely dangerous position. Example: Yesterday I went downstairs to change laundry and when I got back upstairs I found Max sitting on the kitchen table holding 2 pairs of hair cutting scissors and eating a bagel (which he's allergic to, btw).This is scary, and completely average for a day with Max.
  • Max LOVES everyone. He has a serious love for his grandma, who he calls "Gramma-ma" and his Grandma 'Chele. He adores his uncle Ange, and he gets so excited when he sees his aunts, uncles, cousins, and his brothers. Yesterday my mom said, "Where are your brothers?" and Max said, "Ash!" 
  • There really is no way to describe Max. He has a personality all  his own, and an attitude like I've never seen before... with the genius mind of few others. 
  • I'm terrified of him.
 Oh, and I finally made Steve cut his hair. :)
Before
After

3 comments:

Kelly Family said...

Oh I love him

Debbie said...

That Max is something else! You absolutely can't take him away from here - well at least not until he's a teenager.

natterbee said...

I love this post! You'll be so glad you wrote this stuff down!!! Now will you write my kids' stuff down?