Steve and I have been looking for jobs for months now. He is working with my brother-in-law doing cabinetry/woodwork for now, but it's not a permanent situation, so we've been stressed about finding something. I got a job at the new ROSS store in Farmington, which is awesome, cause it will be right down the street from our house and in a brand new building. I'm sad about becoming a working mom again, but I've been spoiled for a long time not having to work, and it's only part time. At least for now Steve can stay home with the boys while I go to work, since working with Rob is really flexible. Not sure what we'll do when he has a more consistent job schedule, but we'll deal with that when we come to it.
Joshua is just dying to start third grade at Farmington Elementary. He's nervous about starting a new school again, but he can't wait at the same time. We need to figure out what scout group he's in... I'm kind of awful at stuff like that and haven't made it happen yet, even though he loves scouts. He's turned into an 8-year-old, for sure, complete with refusing to make a regular smile whenever a camera is around. He's goofy and outspoken, and I am loving it (most of the time). ex: On the fourth of July I was in a rotten mood, and I said, "Steve, I'm not gonna lie to you, you're being way annoying." Steve said, "You're being annoying," and Josh said, "I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but you're both being annoying." Couldn't have said it better myself. He's good at saying what he thinks without being mean, and he always adds a little something to soften the blow ("I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but..."). He's still super sweet, too. Last night when I was tucking him into bed, he said, "Mom, did you know that my Teddy reminds me of you? When I'm with my Teddy, I think I'm with my mom. Did you know I love you as much as I love Teddy?" That part of him will hopefully never change; he's always loved me most of all and is never afraid to say it.
Sorry I've gotten lazy with this blog... it's turned into all pictures and no words, I know! I use up all my words on my writing, and occasionally my public blog, and lately I don't even have a card reader to upload pictures! Some day I'll have enough money to replace my laptop screen, and that will help. :) Mostly, though, I'm just enjoying summer and spending a lot of time outside!
Joshua is just dying to start third grade at Farmington Elementary. He's nervous about starting a new school again, but he can't wait at the same time. We need to figure out what scout group he's in... I'm kind of awful at stuff like that and haven't made it happen yet, even though he loves scouts. He's turned into an 8-year-old, for sure, complete with refusing to make a regular smile whenever a camera is around. He's goofy and outspoken, and I am loving it (most of the time). ex: On the fourth of July I was in a rotten mood, and I said, "Steve, I'm not gonna lie to you, you're being way annoying." Steve said, "You're being annoying," and Josh said, "I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but you're both being annoying." Couldn't have said it better myself. He's good at saying what he thinks without being mean, and he always adds a little something to soften the blow ("I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but..."). He's still super sweet, too. Last night when I was tucking him into bed, he said, "Mom, did you know that my Teddy reminds me of you? When I'm with my Teddy, I think I'm with my mom. Did you know I love you as much as I love Teddy?" That part of him will hopefully never change; he's always loved me most of all and is never afraid to say it.
| See? Crazy faces. |
Asher is going to be 6 in September. He's starting Kindergarten this year, and he's totally psyched. He wants to start right now! He's always saying hilarious things, which is nothing new, and lately he's taken on an adult, sarcastic tone/vocabulary. (I wonder where he got that?) He still entertains and charms everyone he sees, and somehow he still gets Grandma 'Chele to carry him on her shoulders. He's an amazing big brother, always looking out for Max and trying to cheer him up when he's sad or make him laugh. He's always the first one to tell me if Max is upset about something (after Max does, that is). Did I mention he's an amazing artist? Because he totally is. I'm so impressed every single time he draws something (which is almost all the time)! Between his artistic talent and his musical talent, we're in trouble for the teenage years.
Max... where to start? He's a 2-year-old already. His birthday isn't until November, but he's got the Terrible Twos, and he's got them bad. Just like Asher, though, he maintains his adorable-ness, so it's impossible to be mad at him long. He throws fits and hits me, but when I make a sad face and say "ow," he hugs me with his head and says, "Sowwy, Mom," over and over until I say it's ok and hug him back. He can talk so well now, there's absolutely no guessing what he wants. Some of my very favorite phrases are: "C'mon, guys!" (which actually just sounds like "mon, guys," while he gestures with his arm for you to come with him. It's so cute, it's impossible not to get up and follow him.) "Sowwy, Mom," which is the sweetest and saddest thing I've ever heard, and the other day he pointed at Kimi's baby and said, "Dute baby!" Haha! Cute baby! He LOVES babies and baby dolls, and is always really careful with them. When he falls down or runs into something (all the time), he comes to me with a sad face and says which body part is hurting, like "Arm!" or "Toe!" Then he tattles on what did it, pointing at the offending object, like, "Ash-ER!" or "Chair!" He's been refusing to sleep lately, and if I don't go in there to get him when he yells, "Mom! Stop! Don't!" he sings, "Twiiiiinkle, twiiiinkle staaaaaar!" He does the sign for lots of things, which I love, and he has a glare that could kill when he's mad... which is a lot lately. His favorite thing on the planet is the swing in my mom's backyard, and yesterday when we got to her house he said, "House! Yay! Wee!" When he's happy, his whole entire body shows it, and when he's sad or mad... well, you know it. Not sure where he got that, either... ;)
Sorry I've gotten lazy with this blog... it's turned into all pictures and no words, I know! I use up all my words on my writing, and occasionally my public blog, and lately I don't even have a card reader to upload pictures! Some day I'll have enough money to replace my laptop screen, and that will help. :) Mostly, though, I'm just enjoying summer and spending a lot of time outside!
2 comments:
you work at ross in farmington? i didn't even know they had one... i need to come back up there obviously. i'm so out of the loop. i LOVE ross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 i'm glad you guys are doing good though. i'm back in the blogging game now that i'm not busy busy so you'll see more comments from me. :)
what a happy update :) Hopefully as work stuff becomes more permanent there will be family or friends willing to help with the kiddos! ;)
Post a Comment