"Mommy awesome! Yes, Yes!"
(picked up the "yes yes" idea from my favorite children's book, No No, Yes Yes by Leslie Patricelli)
"This stupid door!"
(said while trying to open my bedroom door, which was locked, and he promptly gave up and went away)
(maybe I ought to be a more positive person?)
"No cup!"
(throws cup across room - he's not ready to let go of "ba ba" yet)
(Eating piece of bread) "Ouch! Tongue hurts!"
(Sad face.)
Me: "You bit your tongue??"
"Yeah! Tongue, hurts!"
2 AM
"No sweeping! 'Wake!"
"But it's the middle of the night."
"No mid- no mid-night... no that!"
"Look, Teddy sleeping, froggy sleeping, Joshy sleeping, Asher sleeping, Daddy sleeping, Mommy sleepy."
"No mommy sleeping! 'Wake!"
"I'm sorry sweetie, Mommy needs to sleep. You need to lay down on your pillow."
"No lay down pillow!"
(Mommy leaves room)
"Mommy did it! Mommy DID IT! Mommy did dat! Mommyyyyyyyy!"
(Thanks to Asher mentioning this yesterday as a ploy to stay out of bed) "Asher, dragon scawy! Asher, Mommy did it!"
(picked up the "yes yes" idea from my favorite children's book, No No, Yes Yes by Leslie Patricelli)
"This stupid door!"
(said while trying to open my bedroom door, which was locked, and he promptly gave up and went away)
(maybe I ought to be a more positive person?)
"No cup!"
(throws cup across room - he's not ready to let go of "ba ba" yet)
(Eating piece of bread) "Ouch! Tongue hurts!"
(Sad face.)
Me: "You bit your tongue??"
"Yeah! Tongue, hurts!"
2 AM
"No sweeping! 'Wake!"
"But it's the middle of the night."
"No mid- no mid-night... no that!"
"Look, Teddy sleeping, froggy sleeping, Joshy sleeping, Asher sleeping, Daddy sleeping, Mommy sleepy."
"No mommy sleeping! 'Wake!"
"I'm sorry sweetie, Mommy needs to sleep. You need to lay down on your pillow."
"No lay down pillow!"
(Mommy leaves room)
"Mommy did it! Mommy DID IT! Mommy did dat! Mommyyyyyyyy!"
(Thanks to Asher mentioning this yesterday as a ploy to stay out of bed) "Asher, dragon scawy! Asher, Mommy did it!"
1 comment:
You are so good at writing out what your kids do or say in a way that I can really picture it in my head. I love the way you write things the way they pronounce them.
Post a Comment