Monday, July 23, 2007

A terrifying occasion

Wow. Today was officially my first day of COLLEGE!! :) I can't believe I actually did it. I actually started college today! I'm freaking out, I'm so excited. It was so weird to be in a school setting again, but kind of awesome. I did that for 12 years! Why wouldn't it feel kind of natural? I was so scared it would be too different from high school, so I wouldn't be capable... but it felt just like any other school, and my teacher seems really cool, so I think it's going to go well! The good news is that the class is only 15 people, so it's small and I think they're all military wives... so at least I'll have something in common with a few of them.

As I walked out of the building to go home today, I wished the class had lasted longer. Granted, we didn't do any learning today, and I got out an hour early... but it felt so good to be out of the house, COMPLETELY alone, doing something JUST FOR ME!!! How awesome, just to sit there and know that I'm doing something entirely for myself! The information that's being given to me goes into MY head and I get to keep it. It's not because someone else needs it, it's because I need it. There's no one else to watch out for, keep safe, feed, clean up after, calm down, cheer up, entertain... JUST ME.

That was the most amazing feeling. I am so ready to start learning, and I can't wait to finally feel like an intelligent person again. It's been QUITE some time.

Thank goodness my brain is no longer turning to mush.

No comments: