Before you judge that question, I'm going to need to explain.
My sister sent me a link to my nephew Jordan's school webpage today. I decided to check it out, and this is what I discovered: My very first nephew, the little tiny bundle of baby who turned me into an aunt on July 31, 1996... grew up.
Jordan just graduated the 6th grade (which is the grade I was in when he was born). I'm going to probably cry writing this; It's gonna break my heart. I was a WRECK when he was born, I was so excited!!!! I remember thinking this is just EXACTLY what I'd always waited for! My parents had been cruel to not give me a baby brother or sister (not for lack of asking, that's for sure), and NOW, FINALLY.... Chris and Kiyomi were going to produce a baby for me to play with.
I'm not going to lie to you, folks, I was a little disappointed when he wasn't a girl. It's not my fault - girls love baby girls. That all vanished when I met him, though, cause he was ADORABLE and so tiny... I was overjoyed.
Now, somehow, he's as old as I was when he was BORN? How did that happen so quickly? Jordan is going to start JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL this year!!!!!!!! I'm seriously in shock. *sigh* I guess you could say I'm feeling a little bit like I didn't spend enough time with him. They spent about half his life in Japan (understandably), and I've been out here in Kansas for 3 years...
It's not just him, either. It's all those nieces and nephews of mine! They're all out there growing up without me. It's no secret that this bothers me.
Well, without anymore ranting... here's a little tribute to my very first nephew graduating the 6th grade.



No comments:
Post a Comment