You said you needed your space
I wasn't where you wanted to be
I didn't stand in your way
I only want you to be happy
And so how surprised am I to see you here tonight
CHORUS:
Well can't you see
That for worse or for better we're better together
Please just come back home
No don't say that you're sorry
And I won't say I told you so
Sometimes in our life
We get to where we wonder if
The long road that we're on
Is headin' in the same direction
When it comes to you and me
We're right where I know we should be
CHORUS:
Oh can't you see
That for worse or for better we're better together
Please just come back home
No don't say that you're sorry
And I won't say I told you so
Somtimes it's like we're deep in nothing but love
The slightest thing can grow so foolishly
Remind me please
Oh can't you see
That for worse or for better we're better together
Please just come back home
No don't say that you're sorry
You don't gotta say you're sorry baby
Oh can't you see
That for worse or for better we're better together
Please just come back home
No don't say that you're sorry
And I won't say I told you so
And I won't say I told you so
But I told you so
Shoulda known better than to leave me baby
Shoulda known better than to leave me darlin'
Here's how I know we're still right.
No matter how much we scream and fight and accuse... which (this is no secret) we do a lot,
when you leave for work...
I still want to get up and clean your house so you'll be more comfortable when you come home.
I still want to do your laundry and pick up your boots and dirty Army socks.
I still want to make you lunch and re-heat it when you eventually get off work.
I still wish you would text me from work more or call to say I love you.
I still want to shower and get ready before you come home (although I rarely make it in time), so you'll think I'm beautiful.
I still want to be your only one.
I still don't throw your computer out the window (no matter how much I want to), because I know how much your stupid computer game makes you happy.
I still watch what I eat and try to work out so you'll always find me sexy.
I still count the minutes and hours until you're going to walk through the door and take off your boots... even though you're going to leave them on the floor for me to trip over and pick up tomorrow.
No matter what.
A year ago I would have thought of these things as weakness... but at this point... It just means I love you. And I know that you'll walk through that door at some point today, and no matter what I do or say, you'll still be kind to me. You'll still look at me like I'm adorable when I'm mad, and I'm the most beautiful girl you've ever seen.
3 comments:
I FEEL LIEK IM SNOOPING, BUT THIS IS THE SWEETEST THING IVE READ IN A WHILE! CONGRATS GIRL! IM GLAD YOUR IN LOVE !!!!!!
This makes me so happy for you. I'm glad things are looking up. You deserve to be happy, and it looks like you are. You're my favorite! Muah!
I'm learning that sometimes its the day to day things that seem are the things you hate dealing with, are actually the things you look forward to. "I love you because you do _____." Not "I love you even though you do _____."
Can I recommend a book for good marriages, and bad marraiges, everyone in the world should read it. The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman.
Post a Comment