Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me (and other random stuff)

So... my birthday is September 7th... about a week and a half away. Steve leaves for Virginia on my birthday... which of course makes me pretty furious.

Joshua's school has let up slightly. Orientation was last Thursday, and we FINALLY received a bunch of information... including the longest rulebook in the history of mankind. The rules are absolutely ridiculous, and I've been hearing things from other parents about what the school's policies are when it comes to punishment if the children don't follow the rules... let's just say I'm NOT PLEASED. I can't wait to withdraw him from this dumb school and get him back to Utah... land of half-day Kindergarten and semi-normal people! lol! I'm not saying school in Utah is perfect, but from what I've heard from other parents, it's at least not run like a concentration camp! The parents are now allowed inside the FRONT DOOR only, and we aren't allowed past the front office. Any questions or concerns we have are addressed with the secretaries, and if anything needs to be delivered, they deliver it for us to the classrooms. No one is allowed to go in and observe or just say hi, or anything. I'm still NOT A FAN.

I'm in the process of making a ton of phone calls and getting things set up for when we move home.

We don't know what we're going to do about our dogs... so we're still trying to come up with a plan for that. Since we can't have them at my mom's house, I don't know where they'll go while we find a place of our own to live. (Which of course will need to include a fenced-in yard for my dogs, adding an extra challenge to the whole finding-a-house thing.)

I'm trying to get my house in Abilene sold, so if you know anyone who happens to be moving to ABILENE, KANSAS (ha ha ha ha), you just go ahead and let me know!!

I'm off my meds. A few of you know that without medication I'm a raging lunatic... those of you who don't know that about me, picture Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. The fact is, I just don't have a chance to get to the stupid pharmacy during pharmacy hours! So I have the prescriptions in my purse, but no pills in my cabinet. This causes me to be an absolute basketcase, with no direction or attention span whatsoever. The planning phase is pretty confusing without my ADD meds, let's just put it that way! Not to mention all the other stuff... anxiety, depression, and the severe lack of sleep. Overall, though, I think I'm doing pretty good... if you don't count the layer of dust 3 inches thick on every surface in my house.

Well, I'm off to make some more phone calls and get some things clean before I have to get Josh from school and go back to work... Wish me luck!

P.S. Don't quit praying for my brother's family. Oh boy do they need it!! Thanks guys :)

3 comments:

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

Im glad things are getting better at scgool. I do have to tell you that it might just be HIS school...at ware elemen. where mikey goes, they have been AMAZING since the first day!..and by that i mean registeration! lol. we've never had any problem with paperwork or anything. as far as the whole go by and visit thing...it depends on the teacher, at least at his school.Yeah, the dog thing is gonna be tricky. boarding them is soo expensive. hmmm i have no clue.sorry. why cant they stay at your moms house?
why dont u ask steve if you can borrow the car one day and just drop him off and pick him up at work...i think ive only seen you like that once a longggg time ago. where do u get them filled at? maybe one day when i know i have the van all day, if u need me to take u i will. let me know! hang in there girl! im proud of you for doing all this..even with no meds!
xoxoxo

Jillian said...

Happy birthday soon! I'm sorry Steve is leaving on your birthday.. no fun at all. But I'm so excited that you get to come to Utah SOON! Good luck with the house selling and everything. I will remember your brother in my prayers!

Jennifer Lynn said...

OMG! His school is run by NAZIS!!! I'm serious, I can't believe everything I'm reading about it. It will be so nice when you can get him here to a school run by human beings. Honestly... Anyway, I'm sorry you can't go get your meds. Is there a way to order them and have them delivered? As for the dog dilemma, I have no thoughts for you. We had to give away Max when his lack of being housebroken put Hunter in the hospital and we gave Missy away when we moved to where we are. But I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Love ya! Muah!