Friday, August 15, 2008

In need of some nostalgia

The Memory Game

Here are the directions:
1. Add a comment on my blog of a memory or two that you and I had together. It can be anything fun that you remember. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot or not at all, just put any memories you have. If you don't know me at all, tell me your impressions of me you've received reading my blog! You don't need to sugarcoat. I can take it! ;)

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments. Try to keep it going on your blog with your friends!

6 comments:

AshliO said...

I remember walking to Reams the day you were born to buy a pair of booties for you. I remember when your mom let you bring Jenny over to our house for the first time. You were just a little bundle in a pink blanket, and my Mom was so enraptured as she held you. Eddie was about a year old -- and he was enraged to watch Mom hold you. He threw an absolute fit. I remember that Jenny and I always "had to" babysit you and Eddie, so we drug you everywhere we went! Lots and lots of trips to Reams to eat donuts and hot dogs in the bakery and hangout in the magazine aisle. You were probably 7 when I went off to college because Eddie was 8, so my memories of you remain mostly as a little girl. And then one day I found your blog. And you had grown up and become a mom and a wife ... and it's still hard for me to accept!

Aubrey Anne said...

That might be the best thing I've ever heard. lol! I remember all those things... except Eddie throwing a fit, of course. I'm afraid that's a little before I was making memories. Although it does entertain me to know that! haha! :) Thanks!!!

Krista Miller said...

When I think back.....I mostly remember your pre-teen and teenage years. Losts of drama and clothes that had cuts and safety pins in them.
Recently.....We (Justin & I) also had a lot of fun having you over last time you were back.
I feel like I know you better now than I ever have. You are a great sister-in-law and friend. Oh, and I miss you tons. xoxo

AshliO said...

OOPS -- I meant to say that "Jenny brought you over" not that newborn Aubrey brought Jenny over. Ha! Also, Aubrey has always been one of my favorite names just because of you!

Sky, Jausi, Capree, Cash, & Charly said...

I remember sooo many fun times with you... but some of the most memorable memories are...
-Mrs. Beans creative writing class..
-Your bedroom listening to music.. talking about guys!
-Being part of your boys pregnancies and Josh and Asher's birth and lives while you were here..
-Doing your hair on your wedding day..
-Saying goodbye to you when you left for Kansas.
:(

I remember sooo many fun times with my aubrey. I miss you soooo much.. I know it's probably just cause I'm heavily pregnant, but I'm emotional just writing this cause I really miss you. Love you.

Jon said...

I remember how you were really upset that I was going on a mission, and how you thought I would totally change and wouldn't want to hang out with you when I got home.

And I remember how much you had changed while I was on my mission, and how much you REALLY didn't want to hang out with me when I came home.

And I remember how, when you finally came around and started to like me again, you packed up and moved to Kansas. Jerko.

:)

I think my favorite more recent memory is when I finally convinced you to go for a ride with me on my motorcycle, but only when you realized that your husband would get to see you on it. You were so scared but so determined to show him (and me?) that you could do it.

Good job! (Chris is selling his motorcycle, by the way. Maybe you should buy it! :)


- Jon