Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Where Do I Start???

Well, it's been far too long! I have no idea where to begin. I'm going to try to highlight a few things that have happened, but honestly I can't give you much of a timeline... I lose track of time out here!

I suppose I'll start with Josh, since that's what is on my mind today. One day (about 2 weeks ago maybe?) Joshua woke up looking like this:



I had no idea why or what had happened to him, so I immediately started calling around to find a ride to the Emergency Room. (Thank goodness we live on post now!) Steve was in the field that day, so he was completely unavailable to come back home, but I was able to get a hold of our friend Loretta (who used to be Steve's boss). She picked us up and took us to the hospital, where the doctor determined he had some sort of infection. We are still unsure where the infection came from or how it got so bad so fast, but we were lucky to be able to walk down the hall, pick up antibiotics, and get him well. 2 days later, Joshua was back to my regular old Joshua again!


TODAY, Steve, Josh, Asher and I are going to Joshua's new school to meet his Kindergarten teacher. I have been incredibly frustrated lately, because I've been dying to blog about this for weeks... I suppose this is my chance!

Joshua was born 5 1/2 years ago, and I can honestly tell you (without even worrying about the risk of sounding cliche) that I am SHOCKED it has been so long. It is literally smacking me in the face. Like this:


My baby boy is going to SCHOOL. It's unbelievably upsetting to me. A lot of people have said, "Oh, you're going to love the time away!" Time away? Do people look forward to time away from their children? I look forward to the occasional babysitter, I'm not gonna lie... but 7 hours a day?? My son will be at school for 7 HOURS A DAY!! Oh, and did I mention I will be at work for the other 3 waking hours of the day? Well, I will.


The fact is, I am not ready (and doubt I ever will be) to let my son out of my sight for more than an hour or so every three weeks. This is far too much for my little heart to handle.



I've run out of time to go on, but I do want to let you know that TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY!! Tonight we meet the teacher, and TOMORROW is the first day of school. My little boy will be marching off into the school without me, tomorrow at 8:20 am. I took the entire day off work so I could stay home and cry the rest of the day. I probably should have taken a week.

Pictures coming soon!

4 comments:

Jennifer Lynn said...

Oh Aubrey, I completely understand how you feel about Josh going to school. Hunter doesn't go as long and he doesn't start for another couple weeks but, it's breaking my heart that he's old enough to go and that he'll be away from me so much. I take care of him. That's what I do. What will I do when he's at school? It will be ok though. We'll cry together as our boys go off to school. You're my favorite! Muah!

Becky said...

OH WOW! I would have freaked out if my child came walking up to me in the morning looking like that! How SAD! It probably freaked him out too!

*GOOD* to hear he's ok. That's scary.

Make sure to eat some chocolate after sending your little boy off to school. It's always hard to send the first child off to school (not that I know from personal experience- but so I hear).

Good to hear from you on your blog again- I'VE MISSED YOU AUBREY!

AshliO said...

I feel your pain, sweetie, my baby goes today too.

Jon said...

I so love your blogging style. "It literally smacked me in the face, like this:"

I couldn't see the picture until I scrolled, but I was thinking, "I know what a smack looks like. Why would I need a picture to help me understand?" Then I went down and saw the picture and it was much more expressive than I had been thinking.

Good job!


- Jon