Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday Confessions

  • My whole family is sick. I've had a decent attitude toward being alone with the kids so far, but I'm starting to resent Steve and the fact that he's not tied to these sick kids like I am. I know it's irrational, but there it is.
  • Joshua has two ear infections and a wretched cough. The doctor says he's either got allergies or an "anatomical issue" with is esophagus that is causing him to choke all the time. (This issue is present when he's not sick, so it's not the cough.) We're treating for allergies first, to see if that helps... Everybody pray it's allergies!!!
  • I'm honestly terrified for anyone to watch me on television today, and am wishing I could take back the announcement.
  • I resent the fact that I had to wear my glasses when I taped the Oprah show yesterday. I HATE myself in glasses and I'm just sure I'm going to be hideous.
  • I am socially exhausted from the whole event. I talked to Oprah's producers about 8,000 times in the last four days, and I'm pretty sure I could go a month without speaking to another soul and I would be soooooooo happy. I really don't tolerate phone communication well, and I feel like I need to sleep it off for a week because it took so much of my energy.
  • I'm a teeny tiny itsy bitsy bit disappointed that I wasn't able to say what I wanted to say on the show. Since I was just Skyping in, I didn't get much of a voice on the subject, and I really had much more to say about it than what came out.
  • I'm a little worried everyone will think I'm a liar if they decide to edit out my blurb from the show. haha. That would be interesting.

8 comments:

Krista Miller said...

I am sorry to hear about the kids. I hope they get better soon. Are you driving back to Utah in 12 Days, for real?
I am sure you'll look fabulous, if indeed you get to be on the show. Do you get to keep the laptop?

Debbie said...

Hey, post the picture of the equipment they sent to your house! I'm still trying to figure out how I can see it.

AshliO said...

You look adorable in glasses. And I will be watching :-)

Jennifer Lynn said...

Wow, fancy computer set-up. Did they send all that stuff to you? Crazy! I think you look adorable in glasses! You look way cute in your picture. I'm excited to see you on Oprah, but I can understand your frustration at not being able to say everything you want. And I really, really hope that everyone starts feeling better soon. It sucks enough when one is sick, let alone all 3 of you. Feel better soon!!!

AshliO said...

Ohmigosh you did so good!!!! I am so proud of you!!! You looked so adorable. You sounded wise, articulate and intelligent and like you had really done something positive with the book and gotten the point of the show -- instead of those other crazy mad women (and, yes, I did see the first show). I was so, so proud of you!

mIcHeLLe said...

You looked great! Good job!

C and C said...

Aubrey Miller. Remember me? Crystalyn Hori? Well I came across your blog a bit ago and absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Some people's blogs are like, Ohhhh geez, that's all you have to talk about? But I'm always excited to see what you are going to say next. I thought I'd comment now because I caught the Oprah show yesterday and it was soooo awesome. I'm like I went to school with her!!!! Anyway, you are so much more amazing than I could ever be with your husband being gone and having two boys. You are honestly an inspiration and hopefully you remember me cause otherwise this comment is going to be quite strange. ha.

Krista Miller said...

We watched it last night too. You did a great job. I can't believe that Justin actually sat through an entire Oprah show. It was truely unbelievable.(Not that he enjoyed it all that much)
BTW....kinda sounds like you're getting an accent, cute :)