Wednesday, December 3, 2008

First Night

The boys and I spent our first night in the new place! It was ... an adventure.

Earlier this week my dad and brother helped me move two twin mattresses, a table, and a tv/entertainment center up there. We weren't able to get a bed for me up there or a couch, but eventually we'll probably make that happen. (I hope, lol!) I brought a sleeping bag and some extra blankets so I could camp out on the floor till I get a bed and/or couch. (Keep in mind, this is all temporary, until the Army sends all my furniture from Kansas! Problem is, we have no idea when that will be.)

I'm a little on the not-so-observant side of things apparently, because when I got there last night in the dark, I discovered there is no power to the living room or master bedroom. I have no idea why that might be, but the outlets and lights don't work in those two rooms. Since I've only ever been there in the daytime, it never occured to me to try them. I just slept on the floor in the boys' room, so it wasn't a big deal the first night, but then this morning we woke up and discovered no hot water. My dad lit the pilot light himself, so I'm a little confused about why there would be no hot water! So there I was, boiling water on the stove for baths this morning.


Needless to say, I've got my work cut out for me this week! After I call the landlord about the water/power issues, I have tons of cleaning, shopping and painting to do... If anyone LOVES to paint walls, you are MORE than welcome to come help me change my bedroom from green to white and my living room from peach to white! lol :)

WISH ME LUCK!!!!

3 comments:

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

how exciting!!!! i sooo happy for you...minus the water/power issue! im sure it will get fixed soon!
miss u

Megs said...

Ah, the joys of painting...I wish I could offer our help, but we still have 1/3 of our house to finish painting! But good luck, and you should post before and after pics!

Keith and Nancy said...

Sounds like lots of fun, hope you get a bed soon.