Thursday, December 4, 2008

Miracle Worker

Last night I was putting things away at the new place and my friend Jennifer called me. She rarely calls (we're text-obsessed), so I was a little worried when I answered the phone. She says, "So Brad and I were reading your blog and he's gonna come up to your house after school to see what he can do about your power." LIGHTBULB, BABY!!!! Somehow I forgot that Jenn's husband Brad is an ELECTRICIAN!!! He'd been at work all day, then school all evening, and he still drove up to Roy to fix my power problem after that! Did I mention they have an adorable new baby girl at home???

Savannah Lynn

This is me, after no sleep and no makeup (stop laughing please), with Savannah at the hospital.

Brad came in with his toolbox and worked his magic all over the house, humming as he went - cheerful as can be! An hour later, I had power!!!! (In ALL the rooms in my house, lol.) I'm so excited. How thoughtful was that???? Yeah, pretty freakin nice, if I do say so myself. Thank goodness for good friends!!

4 comments:

AshliO said...

YAY for power and new sweet babies!

Jennifer Lynn said...

It was our pleasure to help! I'm just glad you aren't stuck in the dark anymore! (And he is cheerful when he works, huh? He loves a good project, it's one of his favorite things, lol!) He still wants you to check with your landlord and see if he's allowed to come up and work on stuff in your place. He's says there's still things he would like to fix - make sure everything is good to go. You're my favorite! Muah!

Debbie said...

That landlord better get you a discount. Get Brad to make up a bill!

Jon said...

Brad is a stud!

DEFINITELY get an invoice for the work done, at normal rates. The GFI sticking out of the wall was really disturbing. I mean the point with those is to cut off the power when someone or something is shorting the power. But if your kids stick something in behind it because it's sticking out of the wall they can short it before the GFI can cut it out. Completely defeats the purpose of one of the most important electrical safety devices in a home.


- Jon