Friday, April 17, 2009

Why I Love Blogging (and how it can be better)

I LOVE blogging. I love love love love love it! I get to say WHATEVER I want, all the time, with no one telling me to shut up! If people get bored or tired of what I'm saying, they close their browser window and I never have to see them do it! My visitor counter number goes up every day, which is a little secret confidence boost for me... The people who DO love to hear what I have to say leave comments and make me feel validated. It's like the most positive place in my world! :) Very rarely does anyone have anything negative to say to me here, and if they do, they appear to be keeping it to themselves! This is my place where I'm loved and accepted (or ignored, but I don't have to know that). I can sit back and blissfully believe that people find me entertaining, whether it's true or not.

I love blogging because so many people do it! I love that every time I go to a friend's blog I find a new friend who has a blog that I didn't even know about! I get so excited when I find that friend's blog and I add it to my little blog list on the right here (scroll down a little). ---->

Here's the trouble with blogging... as you can see, my "little" blog list isn't very little at all! My friends and family list has gotten so big that it takes me 2 hours to get through them all and get updated! One solution to this is "get a life" and quit reading everyone's blogs all the time. I say NAH! I love the blogging world. So here's what I'm wondering...

Why do so few people have a "Follow Me" thingy (again, see my right column) on their profile? If all my friends had one of those, I could follow them all, and it would show me WHO had a new post! This would save me a ton of time, only pointing me toward the blogs that have NEW content each day. How fantastic! It sounds pretty amazing to me. Anyway, I'm just wondering why more people aren't taking advantage of this gadget? Is there any way to convince you all to add one so I can be a little lazier?? Haha, I'm just wondering.

What do you all think? Am I being lazy, or do most of you find it an overwhelming task to keep up with everyone's blogs?

6 comments:

Megs said...

I love blogging, too - and I love reading your blog! I don't have a "follow me" section because right now I only have 5 followers - and I don't want to be reminded that no one reads my blog. ;)

Instead, I don't like to use the "follow me" - I just subscribe to everyone's blog through google reader. It's awesome. I'm completely addicted!

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

i have a follow me both on my cooking blog and my personal one.....i dont think your following the personal one but i could be wrong!

Amy said...

I her ya sista! I actually changed my blog list from a list to a blog roll so that when people update it moves their blog to the top of the list. I love it! The problem is that you cant do it with private blogs. If you notice on my blog (if you ever look at it.... pretend like you do... just humor me...) I have a blog roll and a private blog list. It cuts down my browsing time quite a bit! It just took me a while to change my list over to a blog roll.

Amy said...

I her ya sista! I actually changed my blog list from a list to a blog roll so that when people update it moves their blog to the top of the list. I love it! The problem is that you cant do it with private blogs. If you notice on my blog (if you ever look at it.... pretend like you do... just humor me...) I have a blog roll and a private blog list. It cuts down my browsing time quite a bit! It just took me a while to change my list over to a blog roll.

Shannon said...

Yes you need a google reader account! They are the best! except I just sat down to mine with about 20 minutes to read blogs and saw that I had 300 posts that I need to read. OUCH! Anyway, I have to tell you that I too love blogging. I have no idea where I would be without the support of the community that is in my computer. Also I love your blog. You moved away when it seems like you where so little. To see your family again and to read what you are up to is so awesome to me. You and I have so much in common it is pretty crazy!

Now go sign up for google reader and I will see you on your next post!

The Schramm's said...

I don'tknow if you will remember me from Canyon but I found your blog through a mutual friend and had to say hello! Its been so long since I've heard anything from you! I am so glad to see you are doing well! Your posts are fun to read!