Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pickle Sandwiches


Earlier this week my sister-in-law Danielle was at my house, and Asher was sad because he couldn't have something. Danielle said, "Asher, do you want to try something funny? Let's have a pickle on a cracker!" This is exactly the kind of thing my son would just LOVE. Totally weird, random, and includes pickles! Asher really loves pickles on just about anything, and it was just enough to distract him from what he was sad about. She got out the crackers, put a pickle on top, and Asher asked for another cracker to make a pickle sandwich. He went around the house laughing about pickle sandwiches, and he kept saying, "This is so funny Mom! A cracker, a pickle, and a cracker!" The way he cracked up when he said it really made it funny.






Today we ran out of food. We aren't going to be able to get to the store until tomorrow morning, so my kids decided to eat pickle sandwiches. While they were eating, here's a few things I heard them say that were funny:

Josh, singing to his pickle:
"Pickle, pickle, the country's pickle! I love you, all your pickleness!"

Asher, to Josh when he asked for another pickle:
"Not right now, son."

Haha I love having little kids. They can entertain themselves with practically nothing. lol

5 comments:

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

dude your freaking kids are AMAZING! im miss them soo much! I love the picture of Asher with his pickle sandwich sticking out of his mouth! its my favorite!!!

Jillian said...

hahaha they are awesome! I love the things they come up with. And a pickle on a cracker doesn't sound too bad, I might have to try it!

Krista Miller said...

Hey.....I love pickles on crackers! I usually just use saltines, but fancy crackers might be good too!

The Schramm's said...

Was that even good?! sounds interesting! Guess I'll have to try it! I love pickles and crackers so maybe I'd like it!

Aubrey Anne said...

P.S. I promise we aren't destitute! It's just kinda hard for me to get to the store sometimes! :)