Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fantastic Day!

Today was a (really busy) really great day! I'm so sad I don't have any pictures from Josh's field trip to the Rec Center today! I was in a huge hurry this morning to get out the door, and even though my mom offered me a camera on my way out, I turned it down because I was pretty sure I couldn't keep track of a camera AND 4 Kindergarten kids. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but holy cow I was overwhelmed!! It turned out really well, though, and no one drowned or anything!! lol Josh was so excited about it, and it was so fun to watch all the little kids having a blast with their class. This is the only field trip I've volunteered for, so it was pretty new for me. Josh kept holding my hand and saying, "Mom, I'm so glad you got to come with us!" :) (This attitude might change very soon, so I'm soaking it up!!)

After the field trip I went to my mom's and hung out with my sisters all day. My dad came over and we talked for a long time about history and geography, which I LOVE. I really have missed talking to my dad about stuff like that, and being with my sisters is one of my favorite things to do.

Anyway, this is a big long way of saying I had a good day!

Josh has Kindergarten graduation on Thursday, then his last day of Kindergarten is Friday! I can't believe it, my son is going to start REAL school... All-day school... 1st grade! So crazy. I'm so proud of him, though! :) Can't wait to show cute pictures of my Kindergarten graduate!!!

3 comments:

Jillian said...

Wow I can't believe you're going to have a first grader!! It's crazy to me that we can actually have kids that old! Congrats on the graduation Josh! Glad you had a good day Aubrey.

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

im so glad your had a great day! isnt it crazy to volunteer to help on field trips? me and michael went to mikeys last september and it was overwhelming and two of us we there! LOL. i didnt know josh only had 1/2 day kindergarten there...wow!!! Mikeys been out of school since the 28th of may! Anyways,glad you are doing well
miss you love u

Whitney L. said...

Wow! What a great day...Lucky duck! Josh is such a sweetheart!