Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I have a 1st grader!


Joshua started 1st grade yesterday, at a new school just up the street from our house. He's way excited to be a big first grader now, and I think he had a great first day. It's hard to say, since he told me two different things at the end of the day. When I dropped him off in the morning (Steve and Asher came too), he said, "I'm just a little bit scared and a lot bit excited!" When I picked him up later, he said he had a ton of fun. Then after some discussion he said, "It was pretty miserable, Mom." I'm pretty sure he was just trying out the phrase, though, cause he was very happy the rest of the day and was still happy to go to school this morning!







I can hardly believe he's so old! I'm going to miss him while he's gone all day every day, but it is going to be nice to give Asher some one-on-one attention before the baby is born!

4 comments:

Megs said...

Isn't it crazy to think you are old enough to have a first grader! I bet that was a bittersweet occassion.

Krista Miller said...

He looks so old in these pictures! They grow up too fast!

Unknown said...

You got some great pictures! (You're welcome - ha ha.) He does look super old in those pictures. And I love the balloon arch - now that's an exciting entry for a kid!

Seth and Andrea said...

Way cute pics!! they are getting so big!