Wednesday, August 5, 2009

RAGE

Today I'm bummed because a book I've been waiting to hit the shelves for MONTHS now is out and I can't buy it! For about a year now I have been reading www.dadgonemad.com. Almost every single blog entry written by DadGoneMad (Danny Evans) makes me laugh so hard I nearly pee my pants. He is so hilarious, and I am in love with how real and honest he is. Some (a lot of people I happen to know) would probably find him offensive, as he is not exactly what one would refer to as conservative. If language is an issue for you, I don't recommend reading his blog. If language is not an issue for you, I strongly recommend reading his blog because he is pretty fantastic.

Anyway, here's what I've learned about Danny Evans since I started reading:

  • He is not just hilarious! Turns out he's had some deep, dark depression that almost cost him his marriage - but didn't, cause HotWife is my hero!
  • He now feels very strongly about educating the world (in a humorous way) about male depression!
This is a subject I find extremely important, so I very much want to support it!! Knowing that he is extremely entertaining is just an extra added bonus that makes me want to go buy the book and read it immediately.

But, with no money, that will have to wait. I just wanted to get the word out about DadGoneMad and his new book! I hear it's on bookshelves everywhere... or you can get it here.

**UPDATE**

I am so psyched! I just got a message from Danny Evans HIMSELF, who offered to send me a copy of his book! I commented on my OTHER favorite blog (www.mybottlesup.com), the author decided to come read MY blog (ahh!!) and write me an e-mail, then she sent an e-mail to Danny telling him about my blog post I wrote about him, so he wrote me and offered to send me his book! While I am completely embarrassed that he read what I wrote about him, and that Nic from My Bottle's Up! saw my blog herself, I'm beyond excited! Can't wait to tell you all how great the book is!

Goes to show you never know who's reading!

Thanks Nicole and Danny!!

2 comments:

My Bottle's Up! said...

danny is a bud of mine and i'm sure he would appreciate your support and acknowledgments.

soooo stoked for him!!!

thanks for the post.

cheers!
nic

natterbee said...

That's so awesome that that guy is going to send you his book! Congrats!