Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Asher-Isms


Photo by Natalie

This morning Asher brought me a piece of chocolate and said, "Can my have this chocolate, Mom?" I said, "Where's your pants?" (a VERY common phrase said to Asher) He said, "After my get my pants on, can my have this chocolate piece?" This is a new form of negotiation he's picked up, and I must say, I am a fan of it. Clever child.

Just now Asher dropped his chocolate into the chair where I am sitting. He glared at me and said, "Mom, you just dropped this!" I said, "No, you dropped that." He looked at me and said very seriously, "Mom! You ALWAYS dropping stuffs in chairs!"

He ate his chocolate and said, "My ate some chocolate, Mom, so now my have a chocolate face! Can my have a bath?"

When he was ready to get out of his bath, he said, "My am gonna pull the plug, ok Mom? But there's very hot drippings. Watch out the hot drippings!"

*

Yesterday Asher said, "Grandma, my want some hot dinner!" (this is a term he picked up from a book he was reading with Aunt Jenny a couple weeks ago) My mom asked him what kind of hot dinner he wanted, so he said, "Just pasta noodles, with NO sauce, and just NO leaves! Okay?" haha I love that kid.

*

He woke me up this morning by saying (in his mad voice), "Mom! Joshy won't get out of his bed so my am very mad at him! But my am very happy at you, Mom!"

*

"Mom, my am gonna tell you some weird things."
"Ok."
"Joshy won't let me go to the playground, cause someone else is at the playground. And Joshy made me sit on the baby and he just cried a lot! Those are some weirds things."

(I am almost entirely positive this never happened.)

*

Asher found a box of those icky valentine hearts with the words on them. He got out a pink one and said, "Know what these are called? Scrunchy Hearts. If my get a pink Scrunchy Heart it means my love you. If my get a blue Scrunchy Heart, that means my love Joshy and Grandma. My am gonna get a pink and a blue one so my love you and Joshy and Grandma."

*

The garbage man came and Asher said, "Mom! We can't go out there or the garbage truck will garbage us up!"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Halirious! I love his use of the word "my" !

Debbie said...

I love it! I made the mistake of trying to correct it once and Aubrey freaked out and said, "why would you DO that? It's adorable!"

Lindsay said...

Watch out the hot drippings!!

natterbee said...

Those are some of the funniest things I have ever heard of a kid saying. He does go around saying funny stuff all the time. He is one hilarious little boy. I hope he doesn't stop saying "my" for "I" anytime soon; it just makes the stuff he says even cuter.

Aren't you glad you have a kid with PERSONALITY? Imagine having some boring kid that was always just mildly pleasant - how fun would that be? He's a crack up!