Monday, March 8, 2010

What I Once Was

When Asher was about a year old, every night after Steve got home from work we went for a bike ride or walk around the neighborhood. Then we went home, ate dinner, and put Josh and Asher down for bed. As soon as they were in bed, we did P90x for an hour or so and then went to bed. That's all we did, every single night. No variation (except for which video we were doing that night). It was amazing. We felt great, we looked great, and we were happy. That summer we went home to Utah for a vacation and I looked like this:


Me & My Mom - 2007

That's right, that's me. Don't recognize me? That's cause I'm a lot bigger than that now.

Granted, I had another child. But the truth is I haven't looked like this since 2008. I am beyond ready to look like this again! So today, I started writing my Health Journal blog again, and did a (partial) Jillian Michaels workout! I feel AWESOME! I haven't felt this good in ages. I know I'll hate life a little more tomorrow, but I am determined to push through it until it feels good all the time. I know I am capable, I know I can get there! (Honestly, my goal is to be a lot more toned than that picture... I was pretty skinny, but not actually toned back then.) Bookmark and keep me motivated with comments? :) Thanks!

3 comments:

Eric and Hannah said...

Wow!! You look great. Where are your stretch marks?????? I just started working out....again! We will see how that goes!!! btw, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! ;)

Aubrey Anne said...

Oh, don't worry, I am covered with stretch marks from head to toe! They are just silver now, and this picture is too far away to see them. I'm not one of those freak no-stretchmarks girls! I've got battle scars!

Whitney L. said...

I'm battling my last 5 lbs right now and I think they're winning. From doing Weight Watchers for 2 years, I've learned that it really is how you FEEL about how you look rather than a weight or a size. I'm pretty happy with how I look, I just get so OCD about the numbers. Which is normally a sign I need to stop! Good luck!