No. Re-phrase.
My Asher is a Master Manipulator.
He has a serious talent of finding what people think is cute, funny, acceptable, and exploiting them with it. Yesterday:
Asher: My am hungry. Are you hungry?
(Sidenote: I remember doing this exact same thing with my mom when I was a teenager. "Mmm, Arby's sounds good. Doesn't Arby's sound good, Mom?" I figured out pretty quickly that if I got her craving something I would get it.)
Me: Hmm, I'm a little hungry. What do you want to eat?
Asher: Hmm... I don't know... maybe something like a snack. (he is very opinionated about what constitutes a "snack" and what constitutes a "meal")
Me: What kind of snack?
Asher: My think we don't have any mac 'n' cheese. So... maybe something white... like a marshmallow! (insert pointed finger and sneaky/victorious smile here)
I gave him a marshmallow and took the story to Steve. I thought it was so cute how he knew he wanted a marshmallow but was so smooth about getting one. Asher heard me telling Steve the story and got a supercute smirk on his face.
Today, I heard something familiar:
Asher: My am hungry. Are you hungry Mom?
Me: [Smile.] Not very hungry. What did you have in mind?
Asher: Hmm... [finger on chin, thinking] Maybe something flour-y and white and circle-y.
Me: Oh! Flour-y. White. Circle-y.
Asher: I know!!! How about a marshmallow?? [see picture of Asher's "I know!" face below]
1 comment:
So dang cute! And even cuter that I can hear his voice inside my head saying it. He's hilarious now, but he's going to be dangerous some day!
Post a Comment