We had an interesting evening, including a trip to the emergency room (long story... nutshell: Max may or may not have swallowed something dangerous... didn't show up on an x-ray, so it must have been ok!) and when I tucked the kids into bed, Joshua said the usual, "I love you more than you love me!" which he thinks is HILARIOUS because I say "Not possible" and he says "I love you more than you love me!" over and over until I have to just give in.
Right before I left the room, I whispered, "Tonight is your last night being seven!"
His eyes got really wide (you know, JOSHUA wide), and he said, "Really??"
"Yes, really. Tomorrow when you wake up, you will be eight."
He smiled for a second, then turned it into a frown and said, "Mom... I'm sad. I really liked seven!"
 |
| Joshua Lucas, 6 months old |
 |
| About 10 months |
 |
| Gorgeous smile from the beginning |
|
 |
| Joshua has always been such a happy kid! |
|
 |
| He loves me like I didn't even know was possible! |
 |
| Steve, me, Asher, Joshua - Christmas 2007? |
 |
| T-Ball age 6 |
 |
| Josh is the most loving brother! He takes such good care of his little brothers! |
 |
| He loves to go to church with Grandma - he looks forward to it all week! Actually, he loves doing anything with Grandma! |
 |
| Christmas Eve 2010, he lost a front tooth! |
 |
| Joshua loves his Teddy - they've been best friends since he was born. |
Say goodbye to my little Joshua... he's a great big 8-year-old, and I can hardly keep the tears at bay. How he got so old so fast I will never know, but can't I have just a few more years before he gets big??? Tomorrow he will start scouts... Scouts! I'm too young to be a scout mom, and he's too young to be in scouts. Apparently the Boy Scouts disagree with me, so off he will go. Can't wait to post pictures. :)
3 comments:
I seriously can't believe he's 8!! wow! Happy Birthday Joshua!
Just to add a little bit of my perspective to what you've said about Joshua leaving 7 to become 8, consider this: You were 7 turning 8 when I taught your Primary class at church.
Josh was one of the CUTEST babies I have ever seen. He has beautiful eyes.
Post a Comment