Each day I walk Asher to afternoon Kindergarten, then Max and I walk back home together. Today:
Asher: There's the old man's house!
Me: How do you know it's an old man who lives there? (I've learned to ask these questions.)
Asher: I don't know. It just is.
Me: But did you see an old man here?
Asher: Well, one day Josh looked inside the mailbox and there was MAIL in there! Then this old man came out and said the police would come if we put the red flag up.
Me (resisting the urge to be angry with Old Man): Well, it is illegal to mess with peoples' mail.
Asher: It was one of our best school days ever. *sigh* I've been in Kindergarten for two weeks now, you know.
(He's been going to Kindergarten for nine months now, actually. Time is still an extremely random concept for Ash.)
On the way back home, Max picked the Old Man's mailbox and said, "My am gonna get this hammer! UGH!" (Last week we watched Thor. I guess I didn't realize how much he was paying attention to the movie.)
Other pics from our walk today, because it was a beautiful day:
Asher: There's the old man's house!
Me: How do you know it's an old man who lives there? (I've learned to ask these questions.)
Asher: I don't know. It just is.
Me: But did you see an old man here?
Asher: Well, one day Josh looked inside the mailbox and there was MAIL in there! Then this old man came out and said the police would come if we put the red flag up.
Me (resisting the urge to be angry with Old Man): Well, it is illegal to mess with peoples' mail.
Asher: It was one of our best school days ever. *sigh* I've been in Kindergarten for two weeks now, you know.
(He's been going to Kindergarten for nine months now, actually. Time is still an extremely random concept for Ash.)
On the way back home, Max picked the Old Man's mailbox and said, "My am gonna get this hammer! UGH!" (Last week we watched Thor. I guess I didn't realize how much he was paying attention to the movie.)
Other pics from our walk today, because it was a beautiful day:
![]() |
| This is the car we pass every day. Max says, "I wike that car!" I wike that car too. |
![]() |
| The bus stop where Max always insists on laying down. |
![]() |
| Dandelion |
![]() |
| "My need to climb these big rocks, Mom!" |





2 comments:
So, so, so cute! Add the ones about the magic van door and the dog's chocolate chips. I love these kids.
Darling! They are so darn hilarious! You don't make boring kids.
Post a Comment